Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Zach punked the paper!!

Our engagement announcements were in the Hot Springs Sentinel-Record and the Benton Courier on Sunday. I've yet to see the Benton Courier, although my mother told me they made a typo, calling Zach "she," instead of "he." At least there's a picture to prove he's a he! (He's wasn't exactly happy. ;)

We did see the Sentinel-Record since we were staying at his parents' house over the weekend. It turned out so good, but we had a very long record because of the inclusion of "all that education," to quote someone who read it from church. And, on top of that, Zach punked them! He said he was a member of The Unemployed Philosopher's Guild and a member of The Royal Society! *lol* Now, if you did not know, the Unemployed Philosopher's Guild produces items such as Freudian Slippers and a Cheshire Cat mug whose face disappears when the cup is hot. And The Royal Society? It is a long-standing British scientific organization. Is my husband-to-be in either? Negative. But I told him he could put it on there even though it lessens our credibility in one sense and the paper's in the other. (Fact-checker, anyone?) After all, someday we might be famous and throw some researchers off the track.

But there is no need to take ourselves too seriously, eh? ; )


Zach's mom is basting my straps this week. Both of his parents are coming up this weekend to help me move all of my stuff because my lease runs out the day after the wedding, so I need to move now. I finally had a chance to pack a bit more last night after having a breakdown over everything that needs to get done.

I've designed the bookmarks, so we're printing them off tonight...and all of the pictures are in. Still need to design the guest book, which we are designing as a series of over-sized library cards, like the ones they used to use to check out books. Going to print out "EAT ME" "DRINK ME" etc. signs for all the tables. Zach has some parchment paper left over from the proposal, so
I think we'll use that for the guest book/signs.

Tomorrow I've got to run to Little Rock after work/yearbook interview to pick up some things from Mama, including my scrapbook, so I can finally start on the slideshow. Geez! At least I have designed it, complete with a fairy tale theme! Then I think I have to scurry back so Zach and I can head to JCPenney's before they close at 9, after he gets out of class at 8, to secure his wedding band.

(Whilst in LR town, I'm going to look for lingerie. O-la-la!)

No comments:

Post a Comment