Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Licensed to Wed

We got our marriage license today! Being ever the practical one, Zach said we couldn't back out now because we would be even poorer. (If you don't register your license within 60 days, you have to pay a $100 bond.) ;)

We are meeting with Alan, who is marrying us, next weekend to go over the program, and Zach's mom is coming up Friday to check out the library and bring my ring so we can exchange them.

I found out on Monday that one of my papers has been accepted for publication in The Sigma Tau Delta Review, a journal released by the English Honors Society of the same name. HUZZAH! I'm a real scholar now. The news came at the perfect time to get me pumped up for the school year. Classes start back tomorrow. I've been hard at work on my thesis this week, and I have my first meeting for it at 10:15 in the morning. I'm also meeting with Dr. Fowler to hammer out my work schedule tomorrow afternoon. Things are going well!

500 Days of Summer is a really good movie, by the way. I did find the ending a little too pat and cute-sy for me, but we really identified with Zooey and Joseph's characters. *lol*

No comments:

Post a Comment