Monday, August 31, 2009

Let the countdown begin: 19 DAYS!

19 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my bridal portraits on Friday. It was so hot and difficult to maneuver in that dress! I was very concerned with getting my dress dirty or wet or ripped. Tasha and Momma Nay did my hair and my make-up; I loved my hair, and I liked my make-up, but, whenever you take pictures (especially outside), you have to wear
a little extra. Let's just say I felt costumed...not as natural as I could have been. On top of that, my straps haven't been taken up yet, so I stiffened my shoulders a lot to hold it up. Still, Tasha got A LOT of nice pictures. Overall I am pleased. Here's a preview:



We tried to register at Wal-Mart Friday night to no avail; the Wal-Mart's here have removed their registry computers, a change all Wal-Mart's will be making soon. This means you have to create it solely online and can only access it there (unless your local Wal-Mart still has a computer). I think Wal-Mart is forgetting much of their demographic, and I was looking forward to scanning lots of things in store. To say the least, I am further displeased with that place! Oh, well. We already had the registry started online, so I think we are going to leave it "as is." I also worked on the Bed, Bath & Beyond registry. Zach's parents' church is throwing us a shower on September 27, and, as there is no Target in Hot Springs, I thought we should go ahead and get that going since we have no idea when we will make it to Little Rock.

So we are registered at Target, Wal-Mart, BBB, Amazon.com, and Kohl's (only because they give you a $25 gift card if you register 15 items).

Our engagement announcement will be in the September 6th issue of the Sentinel-Record. When we mailed them off, I enclosed a note that asked them to notify us upon receipt. I am still waiting to hear from the Benton Courier/Bryant Banner. The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette requires you submit your announcement two months in advance of the wedding, which is when Zach proposed; since they only list your names, parents' names, hometowns, and wedding date, I was okay with missing that one. We will, however, have our wedding announcement in there, along with the papers previously mentioned. The Log Cabin Democrat, here in Conway, charges $35 for an engagement announcement, so we decided to skip that one, too.

Hmmm...we are going to Hot Springs this coming weekend to see Zach's family and to see Kevin and Bree, who will be in town (!). Zach's mom is going to fix my dress since I only need the straps worked on.

We went and looked at our apartment in Baridon last night. I'm a little disappointed in so far that this is a step down from where we each lived last year and this year so far. But, it is free, so I am not trying to complain too much. ;) I know it will look better once we are all moved in, and it smells like us (Eau de Zashley), rather than a dormitory. *ugh* We're moving the weekend before the wedding. I am NOT looking forward to packing. So far, I've only packed five or so small-ish boxes of books.

We also met with Alan yesterday and rehearsed. He offered a lot of good ideas (such as moving the slideshow to the refreshment half-hour so there is more time for that and after the ceremony...and a way to include our parents in the ceremony). I am really happy that he is marrying us; he said the focus should be on us, no one else, as it should be.

We got in the first set of photos for the party favors!

Nichole and her boyfriend are photographing and filming our wedding respectively. Woo-hoo! Everything is coming together. We still need to get started on the slideshow, party favors, aisle liner (tulle and lights), "Thank You" notes, joint bank account, various paperwork, packing, school/work assignments. *sigh* I'm ready to be married already!

No comments:

Post a Comment